FAMILY FUN FIT’S 14TH ANNUAL EAST END KIDS OF STEEL TRIATHLON AND ADULT TRY-A-TRI IS ON SATURDAY JUNE 16, 2018 (SWIM-BIKE-RUN)
LOCATION: Birchmount Park Community Centre at 93 Birchmount (at Kingston Road, in Scarborough, M1N3J7)
PLEASE CLICK THE PINK LINK BELOW TO REGISTER. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO REFUNDS AND REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE.
REGISTRATION CLOSES WED JUNE 13 AT 6 PM.
Please note: as per Triathlon Ontario, participants will be placed in the age category as per their age on December 31, 2018.
- All swims are in the Birchmount Park Community Centre pool. Life jackets are offered and available to all athletes.
- This is a rain or shine event. Please dress accordingly.
- All runs are on a fast flat 1 km loop or shorter.
- Permitted road closure with Toronto Police.
- Helmets are mandatory! No exceptions!
- Age group wave starts. Youngest to oldest.
- First wave starts at 8:30 a.m.
- This is a timed event. Overall times only. No individual age group awards.
- Kids 3-5 are not timed.
- 3-5 must have one adult accompany them thru out the event. On foot only. Parents not on a bike.
- All participants receive a finisher’s medal, race shirt and race kit.
- Bikes and helmets are to be in proper working order (parents’ responsibility).
Special thanks to Councilor Crawford, Gail Ross and The City of Toronto.
Age Specific Distances:
( 18 or older)
- All Triathlon Ontario Members $44
- Non Triathlon Ontario Member aged 3-7 $46
- Non Triathlon Ontario Members aged 8-Adults $50
Please include your Valid 2018 Triathlon Ontario membership number when registering. If you are not a member you pay the higher fee so we can submit your one day event insurance to Triathlon Ontario.
Race Kit Pick-up:
For all local racers: race kit pick-up is at the Birchmount Park Community Centre, 93 Birchmount Road (Kingston Road and Birchmount Rd.) on Friday June 15 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
For out of town racers: race kit pick-up is at the Birchmount Park Community Centre on Saturday June 16 from 7 – 8:30 a.m. KITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AFTER 8:30 A.M. If your child is in the 3-5 age group, please arrive between 7 and 7:30 am or they may miss their start time.
Race Course Tours/Orientation Friday June 15
Course tours are highly recommended for all participants to familiarize yourselves with the course, distances and venue. 2018 will see some minor changes to our course due to the delays in current construction. Although our course has many volunteers to direct athletes, we highly recommend that you come for a look on Friday, as there will be no course tours on our event day.
COURSE TOURS WILL BE OFFERED AT: 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 by the Race Director. The parking will be open at the Centre on Friday June 15.
RACE DAY PARKING INFORMATION. (ALL NEW THIS YEAR)
ELI LILLY -3650 Danforth Avenue. ( Birchmount and Danforth, North West Corner) Access through the entrance and exit gates on Birchmount Rd, immediately across from the Pinegrove Ave intersection. The gates will be opened from 7am through 4pm.The gates will be closed at 4PM. Our event will be long over by 4. Please see that your car is out of the lot by then. Thank you so much.
IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY CHURCH -131 Birchmount Rd. South East Corner of Birchmount and Danforth.
IMMACULATE HEART SCHOOL-101 Birchmount Rd. Just north of Birchmount Community Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not allowed to park at Birchmount Collegiate this year as our friends at Variety Village are using their parking lot June 16.
PARKING ELSEWHERE MAY RESULT IN YOUR VEHICLE BEING TOWED AT YOUR EXPENSE. THANK YOU. The Birchmount Community Centre lot will be closed during the triathlon as it’s part of the bike course.
Race Director Contact info: Christina Kaufmann firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT PHILOSOPHY: All Family Fun Fit events focus on fun and participation. We strive to put on well organized events that celebrate fitness, good health and the joy of movement in a non competitive environment. We believe fitness should be fun and for life!