FAMILY FUN FIT’S 14TH ANNUAL EAST END KIDS OF STEEL TRIATHLON AND ADULT TRY-A-TRI IS ON SATURDAY JUNE 16,2018
LOCATION: Birchmount Park Community Centre at 93 Birchmount (at Kingston Road, in Scarborough, M1N3J7)
CLICK THE PINK LINK BELOW TO REGISTER
REGISTRATION CLOSES WED JUNE 13, at 6pm.
Please note: as per Triathlon Ontario, participants will be placed in the age category as per their age on December 31, 2018.
- All swims are in the Birchmount Park Community Centre pool. Life jackets are offered and available to all athletes.
- All runs are on a fast flat 1 km loop or shorter.
- Permitted road closure with Toronto Police.
- Triathlon Ontario insurance included in the race entry fee.
- Helmets are mandatory! No exceptions!
- Age group wave starts, youngest to oldest.
- First wave starts at 8:30 a.m.
- This is a timed event. Overall times only. No individual age group awards.
- Kids 3-5 are not timed.
- All participants receive a finisher’s medal, race shirt and race kit.
- Bikes and helmets are to be in proper working order (parents’ responsibility).
Special thanks to Councilor Crawford and The City of Toronto.
Age Specific Distances:
( 18 or older)
- Non Triathlon Ontario Member aged 3-7 $46 athletes
- Non Triathlon Ontario Member aged 8-Adults $50
- All Triathlon Ontario Members- $44
Please include your individual Valid 2018,Triathlon Ontario membership number when registering. If you are not a member you pay the higher fee so we can submit your one day event insurance to Triathlon Ontario.
Race Kit Pick-up:
For all local racers: race kit pick-up is at the Birchmount Park Community Centre, 93 Birchmount Road (Kingston Road and Birchmount Rd.) on Friday, June 15 from 4 – 8 p.m.
For out of town racers: race kit pick-up is at the Birchmount Park Community Centre on Saturday, June 16 from 7 – 8:30 a.m. KITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AFTER 8:30 A.M. If your child is in the 3-5 age group, please arrive between 7 and 7:30am or they may miss their start time.
Race Course tours/Orientation Fri June 15.
Kit pick up begins at 4pm at Birchmount CC–
Course tours are highly recommended for all participants to familiarize yourselves with the course, distances and venue. 2018 may see some minor changes if there are delays with the construction. Although our course has many volunteers to direct athletes, we highly recommend that you come for a look on Friday, as there will be no course tours on our event day.
COURSE TOURS WILL BE OFFERED AT: 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, 730 by the Race Director. The parking will be open at the Centre on Friday June16.
RACE DAY Parking Information:
BIRCHMOUNT COLLEGIATE– 3663 Danforth Ave
IMMACULATE HEART SCHOOL-on Birchmount, North of Centre
PARKING ELSEWHERE MAY RESULT IN YOUR VEHILCE BEING TOWED AT YOUR EXPENSE. THANK YOU. The Birchmount Community Centre lot will be closed during the triathlon as it’s part of the bike course.
Race Director Contact info:
Christina Kaufmann firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT PHILOSOPHY: All Family Fun Fit events focus on fun and participation. We strive to put on well organized events that celebrate fitness, good health and the joy of movement in a non competitive environment. We believe fitness should be fun and for life!